Microsoft Visio is a tool that allows you to create professional diagrams and flowcharts. Use of Visio at Kansas State University requires a named user license be purchased. You can purchase a license by using the License Request form.
Downloading and Installing Visio
Notes: You must have an active Visio license to be able to download Visio. You also must be running the Office365 version of Microsoft Office before installing Visio (the Office365 suite is also installed from https://www.office.com). Visio will not work with volume licensed versions of MS Office ProPlus.
- In a web broswer, navigate to https://www.office.com.
- If prompted to sign in:
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your @ksu.edu email address.
- If prompted to choose between a work or personal account, select Work or school account.
- On the K-State sign in page, sign in with your eID and password.
- Click Install Office apps drop-down button.
- Click Other install options.
- Select View Apps & Devices
- Under My installs next to the Visio label click Install Visio.
- The installer will begin to download. Follow the prompts to run the downloaded file and install Visio.